Summary of City Ordinance: (see ordinances for complete details)
- Each short-term rental must register with the City.
- It is unlawful to operate a short-term rental without a valid registration number issued by the City.
- Registration expires upon change of ownership.
- All short-term rental advertisements or listings shall include a valid registration number assigned by the City.
- Must provide short-term rental guests with specific information in written format.
- Violation of this Ordinance is a Class C Misdemeanor offense, and upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed five hundred ($500) per offense. Each day shall constitute a separate offense.
- The City Administrator shall have the power to effectively collect the tax levied hereby, and shall upon notice of 15 days have access to books and records necessary to enable him to determine the correctness of any report filed as required by this ordinance, and the amount of taxes due under the provisions of this article.
- The City is hereby authorized to take legal action and bring suit against any person required to collect the tax imposed hereby and pay the collection over to the City and who has failed to file a report, or filed a false report, or failed to pay the tax when due.
Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) of 9% is due to the City of Jamaica Beach quarterly on the 15th of the month following the quarter end (April, July, October and January).
Please contact Tina Sifuentes at 409-737-1142 option 1 or email@example.com with questions on Short-Term Rentals.