The Jamaica Beach Improvement Committee, Inc. frequently require permits, too. You are strongly encouraged to contact them before beginning any projects at (409) 737-9850.
The City of Jamaica Beach requires permits for many types of construction and repairs. Examples of work requiring permits are:
- New home construction
- Additions and alterations to existing structures
- Construction of garages and storage areas, including additions to those that are existing
- Installation of swimming pools and sprinkler systems
- New bulkheads and bulkhead repairs
- New roofs and siding, and repairs to same
- Boat docks, decks and stairs
- Driveways and other concrete slabs
- Electrical repairs
- Plumbing repairs
Contact our Building Department at 409-737-1142 option 7, if you have any questions regarding your construction/project or to schedule an inspection. Permit applications and Building Setback Requirements are available on our Online Services page.
For windows, siding, doors & roofs, please contact Texas Dept of Insurance before you begin working.
|Jessica Sark||Building Department Clerk||(409) 737-1142|