The City of Jamaica Beach requires permits for many types of construction and repairs. Examples of work requiring permits are:
- New home construction
- Additions and alterations to existing structures
- Construction of garages and storage areas, including additions to those that are existing
- Installation of swimming pools and sprinkler systems
- New bulkheads and bulkhead repairs
- New roofs and siding, and repairs to same
- Boat docks, decks and stairs
- Driveways and other concrete slabs
- Electrical repairs
- Plumbing repairs
Contact our Building Department at 409-737-1142 option 1, if you have any questions regarding your construction/project or to schedule an inspection. Permit applications and Building Setback Requirements are available on our Online Services page.
The Texas Department of Insurance and the Jamaica Beach Improvement Committee, Inc. frequently require permits, too. You are strongly encouraged to contact them before beginning any projects.
|Nola Gonzales||Building Department Clerk||(409) 737-1142|